Sunday, March 29, 2009

Of Friendship and Travel!!!!

I am getting married. Very soon, really soon, sooner than you think. you may ask, why am I repeating this to myself, it’s probably because I am trying to come in terms with it myself. It’s not that I am not excited about the marriage or anything; it’s just that you get a lot of usual jitters….thinking about what the marriage entails, the whole lot of changing equations….the plethora of emotions, the omnipresent uncertainties, the changing me!!!!
I have stayed with Mohan, my roommate for over a year. He is been a senior from law school and a roommate, ever since he moved to Bangalore to join the big “Jewish” Golman Sachs. For all those who don’t know, here is a fun fact. Most of the top billionaires in US and the big bosses of the really big bad investment banks have a all been Jewish. God gifted them with the fabled money mindedness. Anyway, that being an aside, let’s return to Mohan.
As I enter this new phase of life, that is getting married, I can look back and safely say, I am going to miss him, miss his company, miss the travel, and miss all the stupid and silly talks, the agreements to disagree and above all the travels.
Yes, we travelled, we travelled a lot. Most of the time just the two of us, until new found friends, Jakob, Thomas and Hilka came in to the picture. and what fun we had? What fun!!! we have wolves chasing us, nature slapping us on our face, not to be screwing around with her, having a leopard running around our tent in the middle of the night, me falling in a ditch with Mohan holding my t shirt trying to pull me out, jingling keys in the middle of the night to keep the khichkarni away, going white water rafting, trekking and the like, the list, guys is endless. I cherish every moment of it. It pains me deeply to think that these will change and soon. Mohan tells me that this would not have been possible if we didn’t have the same mindset….though I agree with him, I also think, it’s more to do with him forcing me to go the extra mile. I love travelling but then I would not have enjoyed it as much, if it was not for Mohan.
Mohan is the one who convinced me to buy a good DSLR camera; I did buy a Nikon D80 and I think that it’s a fabulous buy. I have learnt to take snaps without closing one eye, and achievement which was from ever instilled confidence from Mohan.
We joined Muay Thai (read Thai kick boxing) classes together, sweated it out, collapsed, drained out together, lay on the carpet tired beyond our wits, all screwed up.
I am quite emotional….do not think I want to write any further…..
Hope the craziness never dies out…hope the travelling never stops …..I am going to miss you dude….a lot mate….

No comments: